Flu outbreak at Chenggongling alternative-service training centre; over 30 confirmed cases

Aug 15, 2026

A flu outbreak has hit the alternative-service basic training centre at Chenggongling in Taichung, with more than 30 confirmed cases. The conscripts are due to be assigned to their duty postings next week after completing training, raising concerns about the risk of the outbreak spreading.

  • During the basic training of the 276th intake of alternative-service conscripts, more than 30 people across two companies were confirmed to have the flu.
  • Some conscripts said on social media platforms that those confirmed to be infected were still attending classes in the same classrooms as others, causing the infection to spread more widely.
  • The management centre said the outbreak was detected when training began, and that measures such as compartmentalised separation, mask-wearing and health monitoring had been implemented.
  • The conscripts of this intake completed their training on the 14th and will be assigned to their respective units for duty next week in accordance with regulations.

Outlook: The management centre will continue to monitor the conscripts' health in order to prevent the outbreak from spreading to the various duty units along with the assignments.

← Latest · Archive